Frank Ebert, a dedicated barista and coffee shop proprietor hailing from Seattle, USA, has developed a keen interest in the emerging trend of matcha. Determined to understand and master the art of matcha, Frank took it upon himself to learn and integrate it into his café's offerings. The creation of matcha lattes has become his passion, and he relishes in serving the finest matcha beverages in the city.
Absolutely! You've come to the right place if you're looking for a delicious matcha sugar cookie recipe. At Matcha Lattes, we believe that matcha is not only great in lattes but can also elevate your baking game. Our site is a treasure trove of matcha recipes, including a fantastic recipe for matcha sugar cookies.
Matcha sugar cookies are a delightful twist on the classic sugar cookie, adding a vibrant green color and a hint of earthy, umami flavor. These cookies are perfect for any occasion, whether you're hosting a tea party or simply craving a sweet treat.
To make our matcha sugar cookies, you'll need the following ingredients:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons matcha powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Now, let's get baking! Here's a step-by-step guide to making matcha sugar cookies:
1. In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the flour, matcha powder, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
2. In a separate large bowl, cream together the softened butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. You can use an electric mixer or do it by hand with a wooden spoon.
3. Add the egg and vanilla extract to the butter-sugar mixture and mix until well combined.
4. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing until a soft dough forms. Be careful not to overmix.
5. Divide the dough in half and shape each half into a log, about 2 inches in diameter. Wrap the logs tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or until firm.
6. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
7. Remove the chilled dough logs from the refrigerator and slice them into 1/4-inch thick rounds. Place the rounds onto the prepared baking sheet, leaving about 1 inch of space between each cookie.
8. Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are lightly golden. The centers may still be slightly soft, but they will firm up as they cool.
9. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
And voila! You now have a batch of delicious matcha sugar cookies ready to be enjoyed. These cookies are perfect on their own, but you can also get creative and decorate them with a simple glaze or icing for an extra touch of sweetness.
Remember, our site, Matcha Lattes, is your go-to resource for all things matcha. We have plenty of other matcha recipes, from lattes to cakes and everything in between. So, feel free to explore and discover new ways to incorporate matcha into your culinary adventures.
Happy baking and enjoy your matcha sugar cookies!