🍵 Matcha Cookies Recipe: Easy and Delicious Matcha Dessert
You will need:
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons matcha powder
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- White chocolate chips for topping (optional)
- First, preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). This temperature is perfect for baking cookies as it allows them to bake evenly. While the oven is preheating, line a baking sheet with parchment paper. This will prevent the cookies from sticking to the sheet.
- In a large bowl, cream together 1 cup of softened unsalted butter and 1 1/2 cups of granulated sugar. Use an electric mixer if you have one, as this will make the process easier and ensure the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Next, beat in 1 large egg into the butter and sugar mixture. After the egg is fully incorporated, stir in 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract and 2 teaspoons of matcha powder. The matcha powder will give the cookies a beautiful green color and a unique, earthy flavor.
- In a separate bowl, combine 2 3/4 cups of all-purpose flour, 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. These dry ingredients will give structure to the cookies.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture. It's important to add them slowly to ensure they are fully incorporated and the dough is smooth.
- Drop rounded tablespoonfuls of dough onto the prepared baking sheet. Be sure to leave space between each cookie as they will spread while baking.
- Bake the cookies in your preheated oven for 8-10 minutes, or until they are lightly golden. Be careful not to overbake them, as this can make them hard instead of soft and chewy.
- If you'd like, you can press a few white chocolate chips into the tops of the cookies immediately after removing them from the oven. The heat from the cookies will melt the chocolate slightly, making them look and taste even better.
- Finally, allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely. This will make them easier to handle and help them keep their shape.
These cookies are best enjoyed within a few days of baking, but can also be frozen for up to 3 months. To freeze, simply place the cooled cookies in a freezer-safe container, separating layers with parchment paper to prevent sticking.
Unleash your inner chef and explore the vibrant world of matcha with our delightful Matcha Cookies recipe. These cookies are not just a treat for your taste buds but also a visual delight, with their unique green hue courtesy of the star ingredient - matcha powder.
Matcha, a finely ground powder of specially grown and processed green tea leaves, is not just confined to your morning lattes anymore. It has made its way into our kitchens, adding a unique flavor and color to our everyday dishes. From everyday cooking to refreshing summer treats, matcha has proven its versatility and health benefits.
Our Matcha Cookies recipe is easy to follow and perfect for beginners. The ingredients are simple and readily available. The star of the show, matcha powder, adds a subtle earthy flavor to the cookies, balancing the sweetness of the sugar and the richness of the butter.
But why stop at matcha cookies? There are countless other ways to incorporate matcha into your baking. If you're looking for a twist on a classic, why not try our Matcha Chocolate Chip Cookies? Or if you prefer something a little more traditional, our Matcha Sugar Cookies might be just what you're looking for.
Whether you're a seasoned baker or just starting out, our Matcha Cookies recipe is sure to impress. So, put on your apron, gather your ingredients, and let's get baking!
And remember, the best part about baking is sharing. So, once your cookies are cooled and ready to serve, pair them with a delicious matcha latte and enjoy with friends and family. Happy baking!